A little self-effacing drummer humor, courtesy of a very old Dave Grohl article, to get us in the holiday spirit:
10. What’s the last thing a drummer says in a band?
“Hey guys, why don’t we try one of my songs?”
9. How many drummers does it take to change a light bulb?
None: they have a machine to do that now.
8. What do you call a drummer that breaks up with his girlfriend?
7. How can you tell when the drum riser is level?
Drool comes out of both sides of the drummer’s mouth.
6. How can you tell a drummer’s at the door?
He doesn’t know when to come in.
5. How can you tell a drummer’s at the door?
The knocking speeds up.
4. How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Five: One to screw the bulb in, and four to talk about how much better Neil Peart would have done it.
3. What is the difference between a chiropodist and Ginger Baker?
A chiropodist bucks up your feet.
2. How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Just one, so long as the roadie gets the ladder, sets it up and puts the bulb in the socket for him.
1. What do Ginger Baker and canteen coffee have in common?
They both suck without Cream.