Definitely not some dude named Corey James, a homeless, transient fellow who convinced a chick he was the drummer for Foreigner, promptly stole her Corvette, and then crashed it.
Why he thought Foreigner was the way to go is beyond us. Everyone knows that women who own Corvettes totally dig
Night Ranger. If he had claimed to be Kelly Keagy and just showed her his awesome sweatbands, she would have simply handed the keys over. And perhaps her virginity to boot.
Another oblique assault on Dom Famularo comes by way of the FielDrum, an acoustic drum that includes a series of magnets that directs a drummer’s stick into performing a correct pattern. Essentially you just have to hold the damn drumstick and the magnets do the rest.
that’s how Jojo Mayer can do this.
A little self-effacing drummer humor, courtesy of a very old Dave Grohl article, to get us in the holiday spirit:
10. What’s the last thing a drummer says in a band?
“Hey guys, why don’t we try one of my songs?”
9. How many drummers does it take to change a light bulb?
None: they have a machine to do that now.
8. What do you call a drummer that breaks up with his girlfriend?
7. How can you tell when the drum riser is level?
Drool comes out of both sides of the drummer’s mouth.
6. How can you tell a drummer’s at the door?
He doesn’t know when to come in.
5. How can you tell a drummer’s at the door?
The knocking speeds up.
4. How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Five: One to screw the bulb in, and four to talk about how much better Neil Peart would have done it.
3. What is the difference between a chiropodist and Ginger Baker?
A chiropodist bucks up your feet.
2. How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Just one, so long as the roadie gets the ladder, sets it up and puts the bulb in the socket for him.
1. What do Ginger Baker and canteen coffee have in common?
They both suck without Cream.
Could there be a more perfect stocking stuffer for drummers than this
T-shirt drum kit?
We’ve all heard the stories about Buddy’s legendary temper…but damn. Seriously damn. Here he rips his band a new and very large asshole.
gorilla definitely played better….